The Department of Energy's (DOE's) Office of Science is encouraging university PI's who currently receive financial assistance from the Office of...
Universities Research Association condemns Russia's invasion of Ukraine and expresses its deep concern and strong support for the people of Ukraine....
One of the most intriguing mysteries in physics is the neutrino particle. While it is abundant throughout the universe (a billion times more abundant than particles that make up stars, planets, and people), little is known about them or their purpose.
It may come as a surprise that visible matter only constitutes 4 percent of the universe’s contents. The other 96% is made of what we refer to as dark matter and dark energy.
Particle physics is often seen as a field that deals with esoteric and abstract concepts that have little bearing on everyday life. However this has been, and continues to be, far from the truth.
Supporting science literacy and STEM education is a top priority at Fermilab. It offers a wide array of programs that support educators, families, students, the general public and young researchers.
Something in the cosmos is sending out immensely energetic particles. Beyond that, our knowledge of the makeup, origin, purpose, and potential of these particles—cosmic rays—is incomplete at best.
The Pierre Auger Observatory is named after famed physicist Pierre Victor Auger (1899–1993). He discovered the air showers generated by the interaction of high-energy cosmic rays with the earth’s atmosphere, making possible the study of these particles
The Visiting Scholars Program was created by URA to help support visits by researchers from URA member institutions to work at Fermilab for up to one year.
From California to Massachusetts, and from the U.K. to Japan, many of the most distinguished research universities around the globe are members of URA. Our membership includes universities from 32 U.S. states and is open to any university with a significant interest or graduate program in physics.